Skip to main content

Four weeks old (plus 3 days)! They're growing up so fast!

Hi! I just wanted to take a minute to say we're all still doing really well and thank you all to those who have left kind blog messages/emails/phone calls too! I'm really trying to keep up with everyone but my inbox is overflowing! ;) Thanks to those who have brought meals, given sweet gifts, and your time to snuggle our trio!

We had a little scare yesterday...well, I was doing my best not to freak out...okay, I was freaking out (again) BUT Adelyn had woke up several times from her naps with this eye goop stuff (green/yellow) and her eye was getting worse throughout the day and swollen even. After the second nap/feed/diaper in the afternoon I decided to call the pediatrician and Clint. Her diaper was bad too so I thought it was a virus or something! I was so sad for her and kept saying to myself "they're only 4 weeks old! They can't get sick!" Anyway, long story short, I got an appointment just in time before the office closed for the day and Clint came home early. I loaded everyone up and was ready to go. Come to find out babies can get clogged tear ducts. Yes, really. I was like "are you sure?" Not to question the physician (he's great actually and we trust him) but seriously? I was so worried and it was a tear duct? What will I ever do when someone falls and scrapes their knee for the first time. Oh boy. She's doing better today and we've been giving her drops and massaging her eye/nose to open the duct and also cleaning it out with a warm, clean wash cloth. I still feel so bad for my Addys though!!! :( Poor thing! I'm so scared of them getting sick - this winter especially. I've known babies who have to go back in the hospital because of illness like rsv or anything for that matter. Okay so if you're sick don't come any near my house please! And, washing your hands DOESN'T mean rinse for 2 1/2 seconds under water and wipe them dry on your dirty shorts. Huh. Am I being overprotective already? Yes. Do I care? No. I'm stepping down from my mommy soapbox now. I feel better already.

Time to go get something done - I have approximatly 45 minutes. The clock is ticking. Today my task is to read through all the responses for a part time nanny/helper and make some phone calls. Fun stuff.

Well I have to say I am LOVING every single second of being a mama! It is THE best feeling ever!!! Why didn't we do this sooner...oh, wait, we tried to, right. They're all so perfect in every way and I love them to pieces. You will too once you meet them!

Next blog post I'll try not to do so much ranting and raving. Sorry. I've got to protect my little chicks! That's what mama's do!

Comments

  1. Blakely has a blocked one too. I TOO was FREAKING OUT! HUGS TO YOUR TRIBE!!

    JEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes healthy bodies and clean hands only around your sweet peas!! I think all of your concerns are normal. Is your pediatrician on speed dial? :) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Addy. :( But, you're right - at least it wasn't anything more serious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even have to meet them to love them to pieces :) but I still can hardly wait...hopefully soon! So glad Miss Addy is on the mend. Love you!
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. HiGuys,
    Just so you know who "BJ" is when you see that you have a new follower. It's me Bev Peggy's daughter. Your Mom "Deb" gave Mom "Peggy" your blog address so she could see the baby pictures. Mom does not have a computer or internet. So she had to wait for me to get back from San Diego with my laptop to see the pictures. They are sooooo cute!!!!! Looks like you all are handeling things well. Take care!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Rachel this post cracked me up! ((((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo taken at church a few weeks ago...

Fall 2013

Fun at the Clemson game