Skip to main content

Moms of Multiples Are Freaks of Nature

Got this youtube video link from another triplet mom through the SouthEastern Wisconsin Moms of Triplets (and more) group "SEWMOT". Its pretty much what happens to me EVERY DAY. Sometimes its funny (I laugh to myself inside of course), other times just plain annoying...mostly the "natural" question just because its so personal but no one realized it for some reason. Um, you're a stranger, I don't know you from Adam and you're asking me if I'm infertile? Wow. Also I LOVE the "at least your not octomom" and "at least you didn't have quads" comments. Seriously people are so funny sometimes. Some other favorites, and believe me you would will understand this video if you are a mom of multiples (M.O.M.) because you get asked these very questions by the same person in this order ALL. THE. TIME. As I end the conversation (because it ends up takine 5 minutes and they're still starring as I turn around and push my stroller away) I like to say "Well, I better go, I don't have much time because they're going to get hungry soon." Its true because think about it-if 5 or more people stop you in a store (which they do, and often its a CROWD of people) and it takes 5 minutes to carry on this conversation, you've wasted nearly a half an hour of your PRECIOUS time talking to strangers answering THEIR repetitive questions. I know its not their fault...until they ask the deeply personal questions. Or like the other day when Clint and I took the babies to breakfast and a husband and wife stopped by our table (like about 15 other people already had-we couldn't even look at the menu or order for goodness sakes!) and said with raised eyebrows and a big sigh and laugh "I DON'T envy YOU!" I mumbled under my breath to Clint after they walked away "Oh yeah?! And I don't envy YOU!" People are curious and want to know but its just funny to see it in a video. Anyway, like I said my other "favorites" are when people say "my neighbors cousins sisters daughter has twins"...ect and triplets aren't as difficult as having three kids all one year apart. Why do people say that? Really? Have you EVER had triplets? Okay then. Settled. Done. The video just makes me laugh because they're like robots haha. Anyway check it out if you dare...and don't be offended, I *try* NOT to be every day of my life. Its just the way it is. ;) I'm still laughing because its too true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-lgB_HGEE



PS-Yes I know its 4 AM but the dumb dog woke me up to go outside to pee so I decided to pump since they will be hungry when they wake up in a little bit here. The babies have been asleep since 8:30 PM, we fed them at 730. Hope they stay asleep a little longer so I can get some more zzz. Back to bed for me!

PSS-One year since today we found out officially that we were pregnant! We unofficially found out (home preg test) on Thanksgiving last year! I will write more about that later today or another day soon depending on how much time I have. We have so so SO much to be thankful for! Always counting my blessings, literally!

Comments

  1. Love it!!! So, so true!!! I love the tampon question-

    Once I was so flustered I used the line I had rehearsed in my head a million times- are all those yours... yes... better you than me... smile... they don't look alike... yes, each has a different father... silence.... I didn't mention each had a different birth mom, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Not only do you have to tend to your babies, but you have constantly entertain everyone at the mall/grocery store/restaurants! Just pretend like you are celebs! JK. Maybe you could make up a little card that says all of the MUST KNOW information. It might say, "Our babies we conceived through the miracle of Embryo Adoption (insert link to MW). We are so blessed. It's tough but the love outweighs the stress. We wouldn't have it any other way." The next time one of your "adoring fans" approach simply hand them a card and say, "I'd love to chat, but as you can see, I've got to keep moving."
    http://funnylittlepollywogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. good grief. people come up to you in restaurants? Ack! I mean your little ones are precious, but let the parents eat, you know? I watched the video and died laughing even though I do not have multiples. I have 3 kiddos 2 yrs apart and then the last one came 8 yrs later. I got the question one time "are they all from the same marriage?" Uh, what? I just said, "Absolutely, our youngest is our reversal baby." "You don't want any more do you?", the lady asked next. I said, Absolutely, we are in the process of adopting. The lady walked away.

    You should do a post on all the great comebacks you have. Oh wait, you could if you didn't have wasted time in the day answering goofy questions! : )

    p.s. love the pics as always. I think it is great you found out last T-giving. We will have our first beta on 12/27. We are praying that this first EA FET is a go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo taken at church a few weeks ago...

Fall 2013

Fun at the Clemson game