Skip to main content

Solids here we come! Update on our growing babies

We started solids one day after the babies turned 6 months old (December 27th). Its been quite *fun* as you can imagine with three! I made the mistake of trying to feed solids and then bottle feed solo a couple of nights ago...bad idea. It really wouldn't be SO hard if Quincy could be patient...but he's not. :( He just screams when its not his turn and they girls turn to look at him like "Dude, what's your problem? Wait your turn!" Haha. Phew! I was so worn out! It didn't help that we had sick people over the other night (and didn't realize it until they were already here in the babies faces). They left at like 730 PM and I spent until nearly 1 AM sterilizing, sanitizing and washing everything including a bunch of laundry, bouncy seat covers, exersaucer seat, playmat, boppy covers, and anything that may have been remotely contaminated! I'm nuts! I think I need to check in to some sort of therapy-rehab for O.C.D. I didn't realize how bad I was until Clint said he was going to bed and that he'd probably wake up in the morning and I'd have tissues and bottles of milk all over the place! lol! It you've never seen The Aviator with Leonardo Decaprio (plays Howard Hughes with mental illness) you don't know what I'm talking about. If you have you now know my husband was comparing me to a psychotic guy! ha. At least we're clean around here. Q.U.A.R.A.N.T.I.N.E....lol. Okay, you had to be there. Anyway, I know the kids will get sick and actually I think they had small colds around Christmas, but three babies ALL fussy/fevers/runny noses at the same time??? I can do without that, thank you. Also so many triplet moms have warned me (scared me) about GERMS!!! And their first winter, RSV ect ect. So, I admit, I'm a freak, and not embarassed to say it. I have babies now, they're mine and I choose to try to keep them healthy. Not everyone agrees with me but like I said I know they will get sick...I'd just rather it happen and they build their immunity when they're older and they're easier to take care of...at least crawling.

Quincy loves his independence. He can stand! He's really wobbly sometimes and can only do it on his own while holding onto something for a few seconds but if I have his hands he'll stand for as long as I let him. The special needs doctor at Children's told me not to let them stand too much because they should be building core muscles not back leg and back muscles at this stage...but he's so happy when he's standing! So, I let him and the girls but we limit them. I think Quincy will walk first. Thats several months away but he's so strong. Adelyn is our chub-chubs! She is adorable with her long eye lashes and sense of humor. She loves mommy and daddy and not too many more people. She already has stranger anxiety, pretty bad actually. Poor thing. She's a mama's girl for sure. Quincy loves EVERYONE. If you have a face with eyeballs that he can look at he loves you! haha. He's got the cutest laugh too! Its this deep giggle! I love it! Ellie is our little peanut of of a child. She is so so sweet and so much fun to snuggle. They're all fun to snuggle and I hope they stay that way! She loved being on her back under the playgym and she'll just talk and talk (squeel!!!) for a long time. They are such good babies. They're really pretty good at entertaining themselves most of the time and they love being in the exersaucer we brought up from downstairs. They also really like the jumperoo but can't reach the floor to jump yet. Plus, I don't think they've figured out HOW to jump yet. It will come soon I think though.

That's about all I have time for now. I'm going through their clothes and our livingroom looks like a clothingn storage warehouse. We have SO many hand-me-down its great! We're really thankful so many people have lent or given us so much. Now, I just have to sort through it all (again). I do this about once a month and I'm mostly done but I've got three large bins out and clothes piles everywhere. Babies are sleeping...but not for long! Got to go to work!

Hope you all had a blessed Christmas season and are enjoying the New Year!

Comments

  1. I love it when you write and detail everything the babies and you all are doing. It helps me to keep up with all of you. I really like the pics you posted as well. They are really adorable. I look forward to seeing them on Monday.
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo taken at church a few weeks ago...

Fall 2013

Fun at the Clemson game