Skip to main content

Meet me at the water cooler...

First of all I cannot believe we're at 27 weeks today already!!! It is a great feeling to be this far along...although they still have lots of plumping up to do and I don't want them to arrive before they are totally healthy. I feel so thankful we've had a relatively smooth ride so far! I almost just keep waiting for something to go wrong but so far we've only had two false alarms: severe and painful cramping followed by bleeding at 8 weeks (Christmas unfortunately) and the contraction/FFN test scare at 23 weeks. For whatever reason we've been so fortunate, I know God is watching over us and our little babies but even if something did turn for the worse we'd still have many blessings to count. Okay, but for now I don't want to think about that...I'm thinking positive and we're very excited and hopeful for a delivery after 32 weeks sometime!

The second random item for the day is this:

Yes, this is our house and yes that is a water cooler! We decided to upgrade from our 2 gallon Britta water filter to this! Quite a change I know! We've been filling the Britta up once or twice a day because I've been drinking so much water and if I can breastfeed I will have to keep it up then too. If I am unable to keep up with breastfeeding we will need lots of filtered water and we decided for now this was the way to go! We got a great deal and it is actually the same price to get the 5 gallon jugs delivered as it is to go buy them in the store and haul them youself so there ya go! We feel SO spoiled! Especially since we bought a dishwasher this week too! We've lived in our house for three years now (it will be three years in three weeks) and have not had a dishwasher! It's been fine I think but we decided it was time. We bought a portable one on craigslist for a fraction of the price a new one costs. Did you know portable dishwashers are MORE expensive than built-in ones? We've used it once and we were on top of the world when we heard it stop drying and we put the dishes away together grinning from ear to ear! It would have been a pretty funny sight for someone to watch. :) As Laura said "welcome to this century!"

Comments

  1. YEE HAW for the dishwasher. When I had 4 babies-we didn't have one and I washed all bottles, nipples by hand-so thankful for playtex nurser. And with this baby-only 1-I have a dishwasher and plan on nursing! CRAZY TIMES! It would be so cool if we deliver near the same time! I will be 36 weeks when you are 32! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! We probably will then! That is if I make it, if we, okay, if they make it to 36 weeks. I will be 36 on July 9th and you should be 40 by then!! What is your true due date?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey You! Just read your post on lessons learned and I needed that today! God's peace is truly amazing and I also don't know how people go thru life with out being able to lean and be loved on by God! You're doing so great! I'm so thrilled for you! My belly hurts just thinking/remembering all of that baby weight! The babies' weights are really great for 27wks~Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for a dishwasher AND water cooler. It's the little things...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow 27 weeks...how time flies!!! We continue to pray you make it to 36 weeks. Happy that you have a water cooler and dishwasher, this will make your life a little easier since you and Clint will be so busy with your little ones!!! So exciting, they'll be here so soon!! It's great our little boy will be so close in age to your triplets!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY dance for your new dishwasher!!!! YOU WILL NEED a dishwaher for all the bottles.

    If you are able to BF the babies I will forever bow at your feet LOL. I just did not have the time to attempt this with three other kids to care for and a the household.

    It is possible other triplet moms have been successful at BDing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo taken at church a few weeks ago...

Fall 2013

Fun at the Clemson game