Skip to main content

30 weeks

I know my belly is getting huge but the photo below makes me look even bigger with the shirt hanging down the way it is - we did a second photo (above) to show I'm not REALLY THAT big! Okay, I am. Who am I kidding? lol.
30 Weeks!

The last time I wore this shirt, summer 2009. I just had to prove it's not even maternity! Ha. I think it is the ONLY non maternity babydoll type style shirt out there that would fit me, but hey, it still fits! I'm running out of things to wear. I have like 4 or 5 shirts that "fit" me but won't cover my whole belly unless I wear these long maternity tank tops underneath them (thank you Tamera for letting me borrow your VERY stretchy tank tops).
The comments and stares are just beginning. We went to eat on Friday night and the woman who waited on us said "Please don't have your baby here!" Seriously? No really, I WANT to have my babies at Fazoli's! What a perfect place to give birth. Again, seriously?
At Steinhafels looking for a rug for our bare living room floor (hoping to find a Memorial Day weekend sale) we heard everything from "Oh! That looks like bed rest!" to "Whoa! Looks like any day now!" I was in a wheelchair but seriously? Plus no one actually addressed us. They were talking among themselves and saying these things as we would pass by. I have ears. I am not hard of hearing just because I'm in a wheel chair or pregnant. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!
On Saturday we thought it would be nice to visit Pewaukee Lake, for old times sake. We used to take our mastercraft boat there every chance we got a couple of summers/falls ago. It was the best. So relaxing and so beautiful. Great for skiing or wakeboarding or just turning off the motor and hanging out on the water with some music or silence (and for Clint his favorite drink of all time - Ale 8-1, a Kentucky born soft drink). So we went to the lake without a boat to sit on and hung out at the beach area/dock. It was beautiful out! We just sat and it WAS very peaceful until people started mumbling things under their breath as they passed. One woman actually came up to us and said "Looks like you're due!" I think by that point I'd just had enough. Does this sound bad? I normally LOVE for people to smile or say "Oh! Look! When are you due!" Or whatever...maybe I was agitated because of the heat or just everyone staring with not so nice faces. People actually looked scared or disgusted. There were a couple of girls maybe in their 20's we passed and Clint saw them look and say aloud "Ew, nasty!" Seriously? THAT bad? Sigh. We walked along part of the beach and everyone stared. I'm not kidding or making this up. True story. Like I said, normally I love to hear people make kind comments or start up conversations about being pregnant or when we're due and I can proudly say "We're having triplets" with a grin ear to ear but I think those days are over :( Now people just stare with these shocked looks on their faces or try to get others attention by pointing. Nice. I'm pregnant, not some freak show.
All that to say I know this is only the beginning. Other triplet moms tell me (or I read on blogs or in books) how you can hardly even go to the grocery store without being stopped 1000 times. I don't really mind the attention until people sneer or say things like one woman this week said after I told her it was triplets. She crossed the line and said "Oh, I feel SO sorry for you!" Did my blood boil inside? Yes. Did I stay calm and politely say "Thank you, but you don't have to feel sorry for us. We are very excited!" Followed by a fake smile.
Am I offending anyone? Sorry if so but it really is amazing what people do and say and like I said I know it is just the beginning and I need to learn more patience and have a better attitude. I guess this all has just hit me in the last couple of days and the staring and whispering is getting to me. Maybe I should blame the hormones...but I don't think that's completely fair. I just need to learn to adjust my attitude and not get so offended by others...and its not my friends or people I know well, its strangers. That's who bothers me. I think my motherly instincts are starting to show through and I already feel like I'm trying to protect our babies from rude people. And I know people aren't always meaning to be rude...for some it just comes out "naturally" even though they may mean well.
I am so happy to be pregnant with triplets no matter how large I become. Honestly it doesn't bother me that I'm huge but I'm just annoyed by rude strangers. I just cannot wait to meet our three and kiss all those fingers and toes! That's what I'm focusing on and I'm going to try to do my best to be patient with others for now. I'm sure that lesson in patience and love will come in handy when we go anywhere in public with our trio in just a few short months!

Comments

  1. You look great and do not appear to have gained any pregnancy weight except in you tummy (obviously)! What a cute mommy you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait either to hold and kiss on those little three (four including Matthew and Sara's little boy) grandbabies. They are already loved. People can be rude with comments, however, it sounds like you've handled things well. Patience is a virtue and you have more than your mama. Sounds like you are handling all the comments people make pretty well. Wait until you hear all the "awwwww, aren't they cute" comments later. All the other rude comments will vanish from your mind. Oh, I can't wait.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jennifer, it's all in the tummy (where it's supposed to be)! You look fantastic and just glowing : ) Happy 30 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are handling yourself beautifully. I can tell you as a Triplet Mom some of the comments you will get from complete strangers, will just blow your mind. I NEVER let them get to me, some days are hard, especially when the munchkins have been difficult.

    These people will never know the pure JOY you feel when holding three tiny infants at once, or seeing your three little people wrestling on the floor together giggling with glee.

    You are a strong woman and will be one incredible Mommy. BTW you look GREAT!

    I can't tell you how many times I have heard "Are them babies Triplets?....Lord I'd shoot myself!!" (with a thick KY accent)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I'm one of Debbie's friends who is a missionary in Africa. Just wanted to say you look beautiful. People are so thoughtless with some of the things they say. I remember when I was pregnant someone coming up at church and saying "Honey are you OK? You just look like you feel terrible." I had actually been having a good day up to that point. :) Hang in there. Blessings on your day and the days ahead. Love, Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, I SO HEAR YOU! REMEMBER, I'm pregnant with our 8th child so anytime we go anywhere people have NO CLUE that the other 6 with me are all adopted miracles and SO IS THIS ONE! We get rude comments all the time too. We must use this time to witness and give testimony to what a "GIFT" children are-although I HAVE BLOWN MY TOP before a few times, I TRY to witness about adoption whenever I get the chance! YOU LOOK HOT GIRL-FORGET THE HATERS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. People are so terrible! I think you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great! Don't listen to all the pooh-poohs (can you tell I have a 2 yr old?)! There is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant belly! You could just start messing with people and put on a fake labor show in public! Okay, maybe that would be a bit much, but seriously, you should be proud to be carrying three sweet little babies--not too many women can say that!

    I hope you don't encounter too many more rude people. Keep up the good work mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some people just don't have manners, sorry they're making your days tough. Just keep killing them with kindness!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo taken at church a few weeks ago...

Fall 2013

Fun at the Clemson game