Our appointment went well this morning at the MFCC. I've been getting a little nervous the last three or so days - I just feel different and I'm just more anxious. Probably all the pregnancy hormones ;) I haven't been much of a complainer or very emotional at all, or at least I don't think I have. I think Clint would say the same thing...however, the last few nights Its been harder on me for some reason - some reason being I'm just feeling super uncomfortable and more pain. I feel like I've been doing so well despite it all but now its all catching up with me - emotionally, physically, mentally. I'm ready to have these kiddos but in another way I think I'm getting scared too. Scared something might go wrong, about their health, bringing home THREE BABIES and dividing my attention among them. Its just a lot to take in now that we're so close to meeting the girls and our little Clinton! We're super excited don't get me wrong but the fear of the unknown is creeping in lately.
I think of others with chronic pain - for many there's no light at the end of the tunnel (elderly persons or those with disease ect). It helps me put things in perspective. There's a little girl named Tara in the Milwaukee triplet group I've joined and she recently found out she has cancer. One day she was fine, the next her parents took her in due to bowel obstruction and swollen belly and they were told after testing/scans she had a tumor in her abdomen. I pray for this sweet little girl and her family (she's only 5 years old). Tara is having to go through rounds of chemo with possible radiation. I've never met this little trooper but she is such a courageous girl from what I read and hear. If you would remember Tara and her family in your prayers. Anyway, my point is that we should all try to keep our personal trials in perspective and remember how fortunate we are and be thankful for the things we do have such as our health. List this as one of the lessons I feel I'm learning in life. Check.
Back to our appointment this morning...
Two weeks ago Baby A was 4 lbs. while B and C were 3 lbs. 12 oz. Here were their weights today:
A 4 lbs. 7 oz.
B 4 lbs. 9 oz.
C 4 lbs. 1 oz.
Looks like our little guy needs to catch up to his sisters! Every weight though is a general estimate based on their measurements so you never know how precise they are-even though they should be pretty darn close. I just try not to get my hopes up for 4 pound babies. I realize if we had them today they could very well come out weighing 3 pounds-something-ounces each. All along I've always said I just want them to be at least 3 pounds and 4 would be great! So, I'm counting my blessings that they are growing and seem to be right at or around 4 each!
The perinatologist didn't have a single concern today (as usual). She was thrilled we were past the 32 week mark and headed in the right direction. I asked about steroid injections (for lung/surfactant development) but she said there was really no point to give them now. I felt like I was nearly begging her to give them to me - it can't hurt, right? It will only help them. Other high risk/moms of multiples what do you think? I need to do some more reading on it but I just thought what do we have to loose? I would be so mad at myself if we didn't do it then they needed to be on oxygen for weeks and had breathing complications. Thanks for your thoughts and advice.
I'm hungry and not thinking clearly right now...that boost is wearing off! ha. Anyway I feel like I'm rambling so I'll stop and write again when I'm not so foggy. This is just the beginning isn't it (of a foggy mind that is)?
I think of others with chronic pain - for many there's no light at the end of the tunnel (elderly persons or those with disease ect). It helps me put things in perspective. There's a little girl named Tara in the Milwaukee triplet group I've joined and she recently found out she has cancer. One day she was fine, the next her parents took her in due to bowel obstruction and swollen belly and they were told after testing/scans she had a tumor in her abdomen. I pray for this sweet little girl and her family (she's only 5 years old). Tara is having to go through rounds of chemo with possible radiation. I've never met this little trooper but she is such a courageous girl from what I read and hear. If you would remember Tara and her family in your prayers. Anyway, my point is that we should all try to keep our personal trials in perspective and remember how fortunate we are and be thankful for the things we do have such as our health. List this as one of the lessons I feel I'm learning in life. Check.
Back to our appointment this morning...
Two weeks ago Baby A was 4 lbs. while B and C were 3 lbs. 12 oz. Here were their weights today:
A 4 lbs. 7 oz.
B 4 lbs. 9 oz.
C 4 lbs. 1 oz.
Looks like our little guy needs to catch up to his sisters! Every weight though is a general estimate based on their measurements so you never know how precise they are-even though they should be pretty darn close. I just try not to get my hopes up for 4 pound babies. I realize if we had them today they could very well come out weighing 3 pounds-something-ounces each. All along I've always said I just want them to be at least 3 pounds and 4 would be great! So, I'm counting my blessings that they are growing and seem to be right at or around 4 each!
The perinatologist didn't have a single concern today (as usual). She was thrilled we were past the 32 week mark and headed in the right direction. I asked about steroid injections (for lung/surfactant development) but she said there was really no point to give them now. I felt like I was nearly begging her to give them to me - it can't hurt, right? It will only help them. Other high risk/moms of multiples what do you think? I need to do some more reading on it but I just thought what do we have to loose? I would be so mad at myself if we didn't do it then they needed to be on oxygen for weeks and had breathing complications. Thanks for your thoughts and advice.
I'm hungry and not thinking clearly right now...that boost is wearing off! ha. Anyway I feel like I'm rambling so I'll stop and write again when I'm not so foggy. This is just the beginning isn't it (of a foggy mind that is)?
I had my steroids @ 34 weeks for Sarah and Anna- my ob/gyn said too late/no need and the peri said Yes!!! I know that is the reason they did not go to the NICU- the full term nursery said they rarely have 4.8 pound babies (Anna) because most go to the NICU- both I was thrilled to have my 5.9 and 4.8 angels with me...
ReplyDeleteI'd ask for a 2nd opinion...
Hugs!!!
I am 32 weeks with twins and they measured today at 4lbs and 4lbs 14 oz and my OB gave me my first shot today and I go back in am for the second. He doesn't think they are coming anytime soon but said it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!
ReplyDeleteAnd I LOVED your post tonight! When ever I feel like no way I can keep going I feel blah I think of you with 3 and if your still going I know I can too!!
I think it's definetly worth pushing for! Can't hurt! Just remember to listen to your heart and what your body is telling you for the remainder of your pg! You are doing amazing!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter from our EA in 2007 was only 3w2d early (born at 36w5d) and had breathing troubles. She spent 16 days in the NICU, intubated with chest tubes because both lungs partially collapsed. She's fine now, but it was not a pleasant experience--I would get the shots!! Her diagnosis was underdeveloped lungs due to prematurity--no other problems found. Even just a couple days can make a huge difference I'm told, so knowing that your three will be born before 37 weeks I would push for the steroids.
ReplyDeleteI'll be thinking of Tara and her family...
GREAT JOB!!! Wonderful post. As for steroid shots, they are so NOT eeded at this point for you. I used to work High risk L&D and completely agree with you MRM Drs. Infact a common side effect of steroid injections is uterine contractions. this is the reason why they do not routinely give them as a precaution to every woman carrying multiples.
ReplyDeleteI am soooooooo excited for you. You are going to waltz into your scheduled c section date. GOD IS GREAT!!!
Thanks for your encouragement on remembering that our personal trials are nothing compared to the many blessings that we take for granted each day. My soul needed to be reminded of this truth this morning! :)
ReplyDeleteHey Rachel! I'm so happy that your mom turned me on to your link! I've loved reading allt he stories and seeing those great pictures of you! You look absolutely great! Let me know if there's anything you need and I'll pray alot more specifically with all your great information. Much love and prayers to you all! Larry
ReplyDeletestumbled across your blog doing an ultrasound image search.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS to you and your family!!! TRIPLETS! my goodness!!
Currently, I'm at week 16 on my second set of twins. Just wanted to leave a msg and say congrats and you look great!
My first set of twins were born at 31.5 weeks and are now 31 months old! I hope to hold this set in longer!
Im going to bookmark your blog and check back to see how you are doing!
GOOD LUCK!
Also, i LOVE your adoption story! I didnt know it was possible to adopt embryos! How wonderful for couples such as yourselves. (we did fertility treatments as well)
Good luck and congrats again!
--Koreen