It all started with the swelling...
We kind of just assumed that would happen at some point and weren't too concerned. On Monday night though Clint thought we'd better check my blood pressure so he just did it at home. It was fairly high, for me at least. I usually have low to average BP even for a pregnant person. Anyway we called the on-call doctor and he said rest and recheck in an hour or so and if it was the same or worse then to come in. Long story short we rechecked after resting and it was down slightly so we just thought we'd wait until the following afternoon when we had an appointment anyway.
We went in to our appointment at the Maternal Fetal Care Center on Tuesday afternoon for the babies biophysical profiles (bpp). They were all looking fabulous and all received A+'s as usual :) Good babies! The perinatologist and sonographer spoke with our O.B. on the phone and all decided to do another check on the BP and just to be sure on urine protein count. They were going to rule out pre-eclampsia.
They said they were shocked to find traces of protein they told us! Anyway, due to the protein and higher than average BP they said they wanted to admit me. So that's what happened.
I've now been in the hospital on bed rest, or pretty much bed rest, since late Tuesday afternoon with pre-eclampsia.
Each day we do monitoring of all babies (2x/daily, was 3 but it was too draining on me and unnecessary when it was lasting over 2 hours at a time), BP every two hours, blood testing every day and other vitals ect. Other than that I just have electronic leg compressors to decrease swelling and potential blood clots. They're not bad at all and sometimes I even like to wear them for the noise and massage-type feeling on my legs. :)
I feel fine (its all relative! lol!) and don't really have any really bad complaints. I have to say I will be pretty excited to be able to breath again, not have burning reflux and to be able to use my body again without feeling like all my bones are crushed and muscles are torn. I'm still experiencing some stronger contractions as always and the discomforts of pregnancy but we feel super great that we've beat the 34 week mark!
I would have preferred emailing more of you individually so I apologize for just a blog update without personal emails or phone calls. Being here has been super busy with people in and out and when its quiet in here I'm trying to rest because I'm finding it really difficult to get good sleep. In fact its past my bedtime for tonight!
Anyway, that is about it. The last major detail is that our O.B. says he doesn't feel comfortable letting us go past 35 weeks now. Therefore the last day we would deliver would be this coming Friday July 2nd. And, since our O.B. is off on Fridays we may even have to do it on Thursday. Right now we're holding steady and just resting and hoping to make it each day without anything major happening like super high BP's or really abnormal labs ect. Being on true bed rest in the hospital has actually been a blessing because there's not a whole lot I can do besides rest! At home I was resting but not as much as I could have been. Its just too hard to rest completely at your own home when you know there are things that need to be done. Clint has been so awesome and I don't know what I'd do without him!
Thankfully I was all ready to go and packed for myself and babies and everything at home is ready for them when that day comes. We hope and pray they will not need to stay in the NICU or special care nursery for too too long. It may be a couple of weeks before we can bring them all home but it will just depend on how well they're breathing, feeding and growing ect. I have a good feeling and I really think they will do well. Sometimes I get nervous or scared but they're still moving around like little beans in there and seem to be having the time of their lives! ha!!!
Clint has been visiting and it is nice because he's just about a 5 minute walk from the RadOnc building over to Labor and Delivery.
Please pray for God's timing but also that the babies stay in as long as possible and we remain steady with bps, labs and monitoring. I'm kind of bummed because I wanted to go ALL the way to 36 weeks but I realize that is going WAY to the end and we're already a ton further along than most triplet pregnancies. All the staff acts super impressed and is happy with how everything is going. They just say we still need to be careful and watchful because with this pre eclampsia diagnosis things do have the potential to change suddenly. Today we thought we'd have to deliver just a few hours ago but everything is stable again. We don't want to risk anything - my health or that of the babies and we feel we'll be adding the trio to our family by Monday or maybe Tuesday. I'm doing alright but at this point it seems the best thing to do is probably deliver.
I did get my steroid injections on Tuesday and Wednesday so I feel pretty good about that. The cut off was 34 weeks so we got them just in time. Thank you all for your advice on the steroid issue.
I'm super exhausted now so hopefully that will mean I sleep well tonight! Well, at least until we have to take my blood pressure and wake up at 5 AM for labs ect. ;)
Thank you all for praying for our miracle babies and for my health too! We are the luckiest people in the world to have friends and family like you! We love you all!
I cannot wait to post photos of the babies!
I am so, so happy for you!!! You truly look beautiful!!! Your body is so amazing- I honestly LOVE the belly photo!!!
ReplyDeleteYou know I miss my twin belly so much!!!
I loved the leg pressure cuffs as well!!!
34 weeks is amazing!!! You go girl!! Thursday is 4 short days away!!!
Thanks for the update- please know your family is in my thoughts and prayers!!!
Hugs!!!
I've been wondering about you! Glad to hear you're doing ok. Your belly shot is amazing!! I'm still praying for a safe delivery and healthy babies- I can't wait to see their pictures as well!
ReplyDelete