Changed our lives forever! On August 1, 2009 we received our donor family's profile in the mail! We'd waited what seemed like an eternity and it was finally here! It was one of the happiest days of my life (to date - obviously then finding out I was pregnant and then babies being born tops that day just a *little* :) but it was still a very important step in our adoption). We'll always remember that day. In my journal I had all this info I'd researched about embryos and IVF. One thing I remember specifically writing down is information about day 3 verses day 5 old embryos. Day 5 are called "blastocysts" and can sometimes have better success rates. I just remember hoping to receive blastocyst embryos thinking maybe, just maybe we'd beat the odds and get pregnant. Not only did we receive blastocysts, there were 15 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Truly unbelievable. Wow. Sometimes things just hit you, you know? Like right now. At this moment. I just finished up a feeding/diaper/pump cycle and jumped on the computer to write this post...then just a sec ago I glanced over to see our three miracles - our three adorable, perfect, precious miracles from God and its overwhelming. Its amazing to think that just a year ago today we received the profile of this incredible family who so lovingly gave us the gift of their priceless embryo babies. J and T we love you guys SO much - you've helped us complete our family (for now at least - I think I could have 10 more, they're so awesome!) and we couldn't have asked for a better couple to be matched with!
I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest girl on the planet...make that luckiest girl in the universe (just for good measure). ;)
Okay babies, back to bed for this mama...but I don't know if I'll be able to sleep or not. So much on my mind to think about and be so grateful for. This is when I sto writing because I can't clearly see my screen - not due to lack of sleep but due to tears. Thank you God for your faithfulness. I cannot thank him enough for one baby, let alone three!!!
PS-at the feeding earlier I got to tell each baby where they came from and how precious they are - what miracles from God! It was really sweet to look into their eyes and wonder if somewhere in there little brains they understood what an iuncredible journey they'd been on from being created, to frozen, to lovingly given as gifts, transfered to their new mama's belly, growing and being born and most importantly how much they were loved along the way by us and by their biological/genetic parents. Okay, I seriously won't be going back to sleep now.
Counting my blessings one by one...
I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest girl on the planet...make that luckiest girl in the universe (just for good measure). ;)
Okay babies, back to bed for this mama...but I don't know if I'll be able to sleep or not. So much on my mind to think about and be so grateful for. This is when I sto writing because I can't clearly see my screen - not due to lack of sleep but due to tears. Thank you God for your faithfulness. I cannot thank him enough for one baby, let alone three!!!
PS-at the feeding earlier I got to tell each baby where they came from and how precious they are - what miracles from God! It was really sweet to look into their eyes and wonder if somewhere in there little brains they understood what an iuncredible journey they'd been on from being created, to frozen, to lovingly given as gifts, transfered to their new mama's belly, growing and being born and most importantly how much they were loved along the way by us and by their biological/genetic parents. Okay, I seriously won't be going back to sleep now.
Counting my blessings one by one...
It's so awesome to be able to look back thru a journal, blog, etc and see God's faithfulness over time. He is so kind to His children!
ReplyDelete