This morning we got to our u/s appointment at the Maternal Fetal Care Center at 8 AM. We only waited a few minutes and were called back to our room. The ultrasound went well and they mostly measured each babies anatomical parts - femurs, head circumference, counted fingers and toes, stomach, kidneys, cerebellum, both sides of their brains, female and male "parts," and their spinal cords. Each baby weighed 7 ounces each! They are so tiny still!!! I'm just really glad they are all still growing bigger and that they are all the same size! It was interesting to see each detailed part of their bodies, but poor Clint I think he'll need a massage after having to hold his head and neck in an awkward position for so long. I was on laying on the table of course with a nice pillow and great view of the monitor which is mounted (like a flat screen) on the ceiling pointed down for perfect viewing. Clint was in the (probably uncomfortable) chair to my left and the sonographer to my right with her own monitor. Clint asked if next time they could get a recliner for the husbands! Ha-ha. Renee said she actually has mentioned getting a nicer chair for the guys. Oh well, for now its a pain in the neck for Clinty poor guy!
Anyway everything still looks great which is a huge relief - not that I'm worried but everything has gone so well so far I was bracing myself...just in case this week there was different news than before. Its hard to believe we're 17 weeks along tomorrow. The babies could come in 13 weeks or so...I hope they don't come of course for another 19 weeks which would put us at 36 weeks (first week of July)! Dr. Lund, our OB, told us he'd do a c-section at 36 weeks if they'd not yet arrived.
We finished up with the ultrasound and speaking with our perinatologist (this time it was Dr. Wigton) and headed on our way. Clint still had a very busy day ahead of him seeing a bazillion and one patients (in fact he got paged at least 5 times during the u/s and had to use their phones to call back) but I felt like I just needed to go home and rest.
I got in my car and the time said 9:59 AM! We were there for our ultrasound for nearly 2 hours!
I got home and of course immediately started to download my videos I'd taken from my blackberry. I didn't even get as far as downloading the ultrasound photographs from the disc they'd given me because I fell asleep...right there with the computer on my lap and all. Next thing you know I'm waking up and its 3 PM! I think I fell asleep after eating my first small lunch around 11:30 AM. I usually eat a pre-lunch then a lunch and later a post lunch/snack. Eating and getting enough calories with triplets is a full time job! ;) During my nap I remember waking up to go to the bathroom at least two times but didn't even look at the clock (I usually do just to see what time it is but I didn't even bother - besides I had no where else to be today so that was nice). I was only awake enough to put one foot in front of the other to get down the hallway and back! lol. These little guys really tuckered me out! Maybe it was sitting still for two hours on the ultrasound table? Who knows. I really needed the sleep though I know that!
Well, games on tonight! UK vs. TN! Bring it on! Can't wait for Clinty to get home so we can order pizza and watch the game together. I love how the babies are exposed to UK basketball even in the womb! lol! They'll be fans for sure! Go Cats Go!
For now it's time to get up and actually do something today. I have a bunch of shelving I customized for our closets (hallway and babies room) from Lowe's and I've been meaning to get the drill out and put them in. Today is a perfect day for that. That way at least I can say I got something accomplished! I read once that if you feel lazy while pregnant (especially multiples!!) don't feel bad about resting or taking naps because you can just tell everyone you're "not doing nothing, your gestating!" Hey, you only get a few months to use this excuse, and it's a pretty good one I have to say, so I'm going to use it as often as I have a chance!
Anyway everything still looks great which is a huge relief - not that I'm worried but everything has gone so well so far I was bracing myself...just in case this week there was different news than before. Its hard to believe we're 17 weeks along tomorrow. The babies could come in 13 weeks or so...I hope they don't come of course for another 19 weeks which would put us at 36 weeks (first week of July)! Dr. Lund, our OB, told us he'd do a c-section at 36 weeks if they'd not yet arrived.
We finished up with the ultrasound and speaking with our perinatologist (this time it was Dr. Wigton) and headed on our way. Clint still had a very busy day ahead of him seeing a bazillion and one patients (in fact he got paged at least 5 times during the u/s and had to use their phones to call back) but I felt like I just needed to go home and rest.
I got in my car and the time said 9:59 AM! We were there for our ultrasound for nearly 2 hours!
I got home and of course immediately started to download my videos I'd taken from my blackberry. I didn't even get as far as downloading the ultrasound photographs from the disc they'd given me because I fell asleep...right there with the computer on my lap and all. Next thing you know I'm waking up and its 3 PM! I think I fell asleep after eating my first small lunch around 11:30 AM. I usually eat a pre-lunch then a lunch and later a post lunch/snack. Eating and getting enough calories with triplets is a full time job! ;) During my nap I remember waking up to go to the bathroom at least two times but didn't even look at the clock (I usually do just to see what time it is but I didn't even bother - besides I had no where else to be today so that was nice). I was only awake enough to put one foot in front of the other to get down the hallway and back! lol. These little guys really tuckered me out! Maybe it was sitting still for two hours on the ultrasound table? Who knows. I really needed the sleep though I know that!
Well, games on tonight! UK vs. TN! Bring it on! Can't wait for Clinty to get home so we can order pizza and watch the game together. I love how the babies are exposed to UK basketball even in the womb! lol! They'll be fans for sure! Go Cats Go!
For now it's time to get up and actually do something today. I have a bunch of shelving I customized for our closets (hallway and babies room) from Lowe's and I've been meaning to get the drill out and put them in. Today is a perfect day for that. That way at least I can say I got something accomplished! I read once that if you feel lazy while pregnant (especially multiples!!) don't feel bad about resting or taking naps because you can just tell everyone you're "not doing nothing, your gestating!" Hey, you only get a few months to use this excuse, and it's a pretty good one I have to say, so I'm going to use it as often as I have a chance!
Enjoy your naps while you can get them! Rest, rest, rest before those babies come. Glad to hear they are all doing so well.
ReplyDeleteMy sentiments exactly....enjoy your rest now because as soon as those precious little once arrive. Naps and free time no longer exists :P
ReplyDeleteI am so Happy they are all doing wonderful!