Skip to main content

Feeling babies move and "boost"

Well, here I am again...3 AM. What else is there to do at 3 AM anyway besides update my blog? Actually I could think of a thousand things I have to do (even have them all on a list) but I'm too sleepy. That sink full of dishes is going to have to wait until morning (no dishwasher should be "interesting" with 3 babies).

Its really fun though even lying in bed not being able to get comfortable because my babies have been entertaining me the last few nights. I've felt them moving for a couple of weeks now but it was much more gentle n the beginning. Now I can feel them moving more frequently and know its really them rather than a hungry belly or whatever. I was just in bed (awake for over an hour) with my hands on my belly feeling those little guys squirming around. It won't be long before they run out of a lot of room to play in there.

I thought I'd better get up since I did feel kind of hungry. I ate dinner at 630-700 then had two bowls of cereal before bedtime, around 10 PM. Usually if I eat a small meal or good snack before bed I'm okay until morning but not the last couple of nights. It seems to go in waves. Very early on in the pregnancy I was hungry ALL the time and I just could not get enough to eat! I would wake up, eat, try to go back to bed, toss and turn, doze off, wake back up, eat, do dishes or laundry, go back to bed, toss and turn...and I never really got the rest I needed because I had to eat every hour, even at 1, 2, 3, or 4 AM. I went through a phase for the last few weeks where I've been sleeping more consecutive hours and not having to wake up to eat or drink a "Boost" protein shake. I think that might be coming to an end - these three must be on a growth spurt! I don't mind waking up though. A good friend used to tell me when she was pregnant with her twins (born Feb. 2 2010) waking up multiple times a night and not being able to go back to sleep was just natures way of preparing her body for after the babies were born. I think she's right! I do love my sleep but that's all going to change soon. lol. For now I'll drink my boost shakes, snack some and maybe even get a few things accomplished albeit 3 in the morning. :)

Comments

  1. You will be able to handle Triplets easily if you can drink "Boost" UGH!!!! A dear friend of mine from Church had her Triplets today GGB too :o)

    Keep up the good work Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome you can feel them all move and are feeding them plenty! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo taken at church a few weeks ago...

Fall 2013

Fun at the Clemson game