Okay, so everyone should know I LOVE a good deal or a great sale and the last couple of days I've got a couple of great ones! What could be better?
1. I signed up to be a part of the Southeastern Wisconsin Moms of Multiples group (SE WI MOM's) a month or two ago and you can sign up to receive "daily digests" from the posts at yahoo groups. So, I get these emails daily with posts from other moms of multiples. Some moms are asking for advice, others giving it and occasionally people are selling their outgrown multiple items. Well, this week I lucked out because I found THREE mattresses being sold for $20 a piece! I'd been looking for inexpensive mattresses and found some I'd thought about buying at Babies R Us. The ones I found were about the cheapest I'd seen at $89.99 (verses paying $200 or more per mattress)! I'd pretty much given into the fact we'd have to fork out a lot of money but when I saw the posting for these three mattresses for $60 each I was overjoyed! We picked them up a couple of nights ago and they fit perfectly in the cribs - plus they are in awesome condition :) (Thank you SO much Kathryn)!!! It won't be long before we have three wired toddlers at bedtime all holding onto the railings and jumping up and down singing or shouting. Oh boy! lol! I can't wait for those memories though - it's going to so much fun to watch them grow and fill our home with lots of laughter, memories and of course plenty of love
Serta Perfect Night Crib Mattress $89.99 x 3 = 269.97 PLUS tax
Rachel's deal (thanks to Kathryn, a mom of multiples -5 children in all - get this: 1, 4 year old daughter, 2 1/2 year old BBG triplets, AND a 6 MONTH OLD daughter!): $20/each mattress x 3 = $60 TOTAL! Now that's a great deal!
Moving right along...

2. I received a flyer in the mail from Babies R Us and in it there were two separate 20% off coupons. One was for any single item and the other was for strollers, highchairs, bouncers, play-yards and larger items but it could only be used on those particular items AND only on one item, not your entire purchase. Babies R Us also has a "Multiples Discount" where you receive 10% off your purchase of any two or more larger items if you tell them you are buying for multiples. So, I set off to buy two high chairs with my two 20% discounts plus the additional 10% discount. I had someone help get the goods to the registers and they were like "so, you're having twins? Oh, that is so exciting!" There was a moment of hesitation and they looked at me and this one lady was like "you are having twins aren't you?" I just looked at her with a grin and said one word: triplets. That'll do it every time! Here's what comes next 1. Jaw on the floor, 2. Eyes bulge, 3. Eyebrows raise, 4. Followed by something like "OH MY GOSH! TRIPLETS?!!!" 5. Then that person turns to whomever is nearest by and says "OH MY GOSH! SHE'S HAVING TRIPLETS!" All the while I stand by smiling and laughing inside. Its great...and just the beginning ;)
Just before the lady rings me up the cashier next to her (who she just told I was having triplets) says to me "You know you can apply for this card and it's an additional 15% off each item." I got to thinking about it for a second and thought 'why not if it helps us save another 15% off each highchair.'" Besides, we always cancel those cards and cut them up the minute we get them in the mail - but at least we get the discount! I asked my cashier if they had any other discounts or offers. She scrambled through her drawer for a minute, finally pulled out this other coupon and said "actually, I do have this extra 20% any item coupon." YEA!!! So I had the guy who was helping me load the boxes run back and grab me one more highchair. Originally I thought I'd just wait until I received another coupon in the mail probably in month or two and then buy the last highchair OR I thought we still have few showers left maybe we'll get one for a shower? But at this point I couldn't pass up the three 20% off, 15 % off each item PLUS the multiples discount! These are the kinds of things in life I get pretty excited about! Can you tell?
Below are the prices, in order, of how they rung them up...(I know, the 20% would have been nice to have been taken off first but that's not the way stores work folks!) I still think I did a good job and got a great deal!
Chicco Polly Highchair original price:
$ 149.99
10% off for multiples discount:
$149.99-$15 = $134.99
$20% off coupon on each item:
134.99-$27 = 107.99
15% off for applying for the cc:
$107.99-$16.20 = $91.79
I could have paid: $149.99 x 3 = $449.97 (plus tax)
What I really paid: $91.79 x 3 = $275.37 (plus tax)
What I saved: $174.60!!! That's a FREE HIGHCHAIR PLUS $24.61 in my pocket!
I'm always open for suggestions on saving if anyone knows any good coupon websites or where to get deal savers. We're going to need it, that's for sure! Thanks!
YOU GO GIRL!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job! I love it! And your weight gain is awesome too! Shoot for at least 70! That's what they tried to get me to do! This is the best DIET EVER! Eat WHATEVER you want! Whoelse gets to do that?!!Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteYou are quite the little (I mean BIG) shopper. You love those deals...
ReplyDelete