Skip to main content

We're growing so big!

Its been awhile since I've actually written anything on our blog-hard to find the time as you can imagine. Everyone is doing well, we have our "moments" and our days even but for the most part we have three great babies (I can't say I'll be sad when we're through the colic stage though)!

Adelyn, Ellie and Quincy all three have learned to sit up in their bumbo seats, suck on their hands/fists and a finger/thumb here or there. Its so cute and pretty funny to hear them just sucking away at their hands from in another room. They're loud! ha. They're still on a schedule but not sleeping as much after they eat-which is great for me and them because we get more time to interact. They enjoy laying on their bellies on the playmat, lisening to music or mommy sing/talk and smiling. I LOVE when they look right into your eyes and smile! Its the best thing ever.

The babies have also been sleeping through the night. At first about a month ago it was 5 hours. Then 5-6 or sometimes 7. Now they sleep a good 8 from the start of their last feeding at night time until they wake up. This is wonderful for me of course! No more sleeping 1.5 hours after a feeding and having to get up for the next anymore. I get a solid 5-6 at least and that is helping me so much.

The babies love their bath time and for the most part they love going in the stroller. They love the car too, no questions asked on that one! Last night we went out to dinner with Clints mom, aunt, cousin and friend who are in town from Kentucky and we got the babies back in the van ready to go but everyone was screaming at the top of their lungs. The second, literally the SECOND we pulled out of our parking spot and started moving there was silence! lol! Oh, they are so funny!

I was anti-swing, bouncy seat or bouncing them on my knee to keep them satisfied at first-I mean, seriously, one person just cannot soothe three babies at one time...well, you can but it's not easy! So in an effort to not have them get used to constant motion or someone else soothing them I didn't allow them to have batteries in the swing or bouncy! haha. They WERE fine...but gradually, I don't even know how it happened, but they LOVE their swings and bouncy seats...moving that is! Oh well right? You do what you can. Especially with three. So I don't feel like a bad mom but I do still like to have them soothe themselves more often than not and fall asleep in their cribs when possible, several times a day at least. Right now I write this and Adelyn is in her swing (she is addicted to it I swear), Ellie is in her bouncy and Quincy is in his bouncy...I think, or in his bed. I didn't put him down last so I'm not really sure. Anyway I figure we can BabyWise them (great book with lessons for new moms about sleep/scheduling/self-soothing ect) but I'm not going to be a freak about it. I WAS...but with their reflux and not being able to lay flat after they eat and also just having three...like I said, you do what you can.

They are so fun, everyday. I just love it! Today we might go to the zoo again or hiking...not sure yet. I'll have to take a poll after everyone else wakes up. The trees at Kettle Moraine this time of year are so beautiful even though I think I missed the peak season probably last weekend.

One final note-thank you to those who have written emails, sent cards, called or facebooked. We really appreciate your love and all the support you've given us along the way. I will say it is very hard for me to keep up with all the emails so I apologize when I'm late on responding or don't call you back. I'm horrible at returning phone calls anyway and now with the babies it is even more difficult to find a moment to call anyone...and to do it when there is quiet is an even harder task. My poor dad keeps calling and every time he calls someone is crying in the background. SO, phone calls usually last about 2-5 minutes! Unless I'm out running an errand in the evening, then I've got about 10-15 minutes in the car. Anyway, THANK YOU and please be patient with us!

I'll post some more photos here in a sec. I've taken some pretty cute ones lately of all three and then Quincy by himself.

Comments

  1. You do a great job of parenting those little ones and I am always telling people when they ask how you are that you are a SuperMom. You and Clint have done a great job these past 16 or so weeks. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo taken at church a few weeks ago...

Fall 2013

Fun at the Clemson game