Skip to main content

16 weeks!


Well, as you can probably tell I love pictures. Clint has informed me that a blog is for writing....not only photos! Ha-ha! What can I say? I love pictures! Anyway, here's an attempt to actually write how I'm feeling and what I'm doing....

I cannot believe we're already 16 weeks along! Clint reminded me last night that we're basically 1/2 way through since the babies will most likely come between 29 and 36 weeks! Our doctor told us our first goal we should shoot for should be right at 32 weeks. If we can go longer than that the longer the better-obviously. However, they won't let me go past 36 weeks. I will have a c-section by 36 if they have not already arrived by that time, well, I'll have a c-section regardless really.

The weeks seem to be flying by. Friday's come so fast! I do love being pregnant but I also cannot wait to meet our little babies! I know they'll be here before we know it! I feel like I've been "nesting" for weeks now as I know in the back of my mind I won't be able to do all I'm doing now for long. I'm a very organized person and I like everything just so. Maybe I can go a little overboard sometimes (I've been called a perfectionist by many close family and friends) BUT hey, at least I get things done and I'm organized. Things won't always be perfect...my house won't always be clean, laundry folded or carpet vacuumed...BUT there WILL be plenty of love and great memories for these little ones to share. It's going to be an amazing experience to have them home!!! I cannot wait!

I'll have to post a profile picture of the belly after Clint gets home from work and can take a photo. Until then I'll post a couple pictures of myself and a life-long friend of mine, Amy T. Amy is from Madison but now lives in Colorado. Amy and her mom Julie were in town today from Madison headed to the Milwaukee airport for Amy's flight back to Colorado. We planned it so they could stop by for a bit and catch up. They were surprised to see such a big belly already but with three babies my doctors say I will look and feel like I'm 10-12 weeks further along than I really am at any given time. Basically right now my body is experiencing what a woman 26-28 weeks might experience! That would explain a lot! I feel good, but most days I have round ligament pains (pelvis/hip area) and LOTS of stretching or pulling sensations. To me the stretching feels like I ate the biggest meal of my life plus some without the relief of that feeling of being "stuffed" going away. lol. It's great! I could do without the sharper more painful (like can't get off the couch, I'm in tears kind of pain) sensations but it's all part of being pregnant...well, maybe just being pregnant with multiples. I wouldn't know what it feels like to be pregnant with a singleton! I'm just so thankful I am still mobile and can get up and down to do things around the house and I can still venture out to run errands. I have to be careful and take my time getting out of the car and bed for instance but for the most part I think I'm doing really well! Ask me again in about 10 weeks and I might have a different story to tell you! There's just something about trying to conceive for so long that makes you really thanful for even silly things, like round ligament pains! If I wasn't feeling pain or stretching it would mean the babies weren't growing and developing. I know it sounds funny to say aloud but I'm thankful for how I feel everyday even those days where I'm less comfortable. I always said "when or if I get pregnant I won't complain about ANYTHING! I'll just be happy to be pregnant!" And, I am. :)

Comments

  1. I HEAR YOU!! I just started in with heartburn last week and I AM THANKFUL FOR IT!! Blessings! So glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE this post :o) Being organized will come in handy for sure when your little ones come.

    I have no doubt you will sail through to 36 weeks and bring those beautiful babies home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for writing out all your feelings in this blog and wish i could be closer to help with your house cleaning and errands, etc. sorry i can't be near you at such an important time in your life. i love you dearly....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo taken at church a few weeks ago...

Fall 2013

Fun at the Clemson game