Skip to main content

21 weeks as of Friday March 26

The "bump" is gone...the basketball grows...

(WARNING: Exposed belly photos below!!! You've officially been warned so don't complain).
I go around many days just pinching myself and having to remind myself that I really am pregnant (as if I didn't have constant reminders like not being able to bend over for instance - ha). We waited so long and finally being pregnant sometimes feels surreal - not to even mention thinking about having THREE babies! If you would have asked me 5 or so years ago where I'd be now or what my life was going to look like I would have never guessed in a million years we would have had to go through years of infertility, "trying", procedures, doctors visits, disappointment after disappointment and finally end up learning about and choosing the wonderful gift of embryo adoption...oh yeah, and now being pregnant with triplets! Wow! A few things I know for sure and have learned over the years:
1. God is in complete control over our lives and futures and wants the best for us - his plan is always perfect, no questions asked. Our job is to surrender to his will for our lives and "let go". Letting go is not easy, and yes, I do speak from experience. But I've found as so many others have that when we do say "Okay Lord, my life is in your hands. I'm going to stop pretending I know what is best" we experience less anxiety, fear and there is a peace just knowing he is working out the details of our life.
2. Also, when we do experience hardships and suffering in our lives (and we will if we haven't already) Jesus is there, by our side, to comfort us and catch our tears. He was human and knows better than anyone what it is like to face trials and suffering. I don't know about you, but that my friend gives me huge comfort and peace in my own life!
Close your eyes if you don't want to see the "exposed" belly ;) I can't help it. I love it! :)

Comments

  1. I LOVE the exposed belly pic! WOW. TRIPLETS! SO, are you freaking out at all? I have a colleague who's wife had triplets. Three boys. He brought a bottle of red, a bottle of white (we're talking nail polish, folks) and a bottle of blue polish to the hospital on delivery day. The eldest got red toes, the middle got white piggies and the youngest blue. He said it was the PERFECT way to keep track of them until he learned to tell them apart. I've always gotten a kick out of that story.

    That, and he said they always went after the SAME girl as teenagers...one thing at a time, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! You look great and so do the babies! love the pic of him sucking on his hand! Isn't it so surreal! Amazing! I'm so blessed to get to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I TOO love bellies! Guess I need to get on it and post one of mine! You look FABULOUS as always but a bit uncomfy. I TOTALLY know how you feel. I have seen baby girl on u/s MANY times now and still can't believe I'm pregnant! God is our ROCK! PRAISE HIM! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss my belly so, so , so much!!! My twins are 11 weeks thanks to the miracle of embryo adoption!!! Make sure you get maternity photos!!!

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, your positive attitude and of course Faith in God's plan will bring these babies safely into the world. I have no doubt.

    Moving right, belly looks FANTASTIC. I was telling Dr Wood today that I follow your blog and have been enjoying your journey. He and Karen know our family well and of course know our life with Triplets+3.

    I am so thrilled all is going so well. Please know you all are in my prayers daily :o)

    Jen's comment above about missing her twin belly put a smile on my face. i don't know wether I miss my 36 week triplets belly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful! I agree, you should totally get some maternity pics done with your hubby!
    And yes, "letting go" does give you such peace in life. I have learned the same lessons and it actually makes me a tad thankful that God chose us to go through the experience of infertility just so we would be drawn closer to Him. Keep the belly pics coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That watermelon you swallowed is swelling in your tummy...guess you noticed. lol looking forward to seeing you this weekend. We will have a fun shower for you I'm sure. You and Sara can compare tummies...And yes, you are right to give God all the glory for HIS mighty hand on your lives. Can hardly wait 'til June/July...I'm still praying.
    love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cute belly pics!!! We have been telling Caitlin about your baby shower this weekend, which we are very excited about!!! I love the words and faith you have in God, He is in control!! Well take care and we'll see you this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo taken at church a few weeks ago...

Fall 2013

Fun at the Clemson game